We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. In the event of an order arriving damaged, we are required to pass on your details to the courier/manufacturer concerned, card processing bank or police so the claim can be processed.
By continuing to use this website, you are agreeing to the use of Cookie as described below.
Candle and Blue is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Candle and Blue reserve the right to change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 05 February 2012.
100% Safe Shopping Guarantee with GlobalSign
Rest assured when you use your credit card at Candle and Blue, your transaction details are private and secure. Our servers use the Secure Sockets Layer, the latest advanced encryption technology.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, Job Title and Order details
- Contact information including email address and phone numbers
- Demographic information such as postcode, delivery and billing address, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- User names and passwords
- Customer queries
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
- Targeting cookies are used to deliver adverts more tailored to you and your lifestyle.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Delivery of our products is either through a logistics firm, courier or Royal Mail. Your contact details are disclosed to these service providers for them to deliver your order efficiently. They do email, text or phone you to confirm delivery.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.com), become.eu and Google analytics to collect visitor behavior data. This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimisation purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. When clicking Facebook buttons, data are sent to Facebook. Cookies may be used to collect and save this data, but the data remains strictly anonymous. The data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and are not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services. Data will only be released to third parties (e.g. the police) on request where there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We have described the main cookies we use below
|COOKIE||WHAT WE USE THEM FOR|
|_utmz||This cookie stores where a visitor (you) came from. E.g. search engine, search keyword, link, etc.|
|_utma||This cookie stores each user’s amount of visits, and the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit.|
|_utmc, _utmb||These are used to check approximately how long a user (you) stay on our site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends.|
|sifrFetch||Used to check browser support for a web technology that improves the presentation of our website.|
|session||Session cookies allow users to be recognized within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page.|
“Live Chat Cookies”
In compliance with the EU Cookie / Privacy Law, we have listed and described the cookies that our live chat widget sets: __zlcid Stores the Zopim Live Chat ID used to identify the device across visits, and also across a single chat session. __zprivacy Stores the user’s preference to disable Live Chat, and cease using cookies. This is stored across visits.
Log information – When you use Zopim services, their servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Candle and Blue has integrated the Facebook “Like” to enable visitors to the site to ‘like” our products and content.
How to manage cookies
Our cookies do not store financial information, or information which is capable of directly identifying you (such as your name or address). Cookies simply allow our website to retrieve this information in order to personalise and improve your experience of our website.
However, if you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies provided by the Candle and Blue site – or any other website – you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences, or use the following on your particular browser.
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top of the window (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- From the history drop down select “Use custom settings for history”
- Un-check “Accept cookies from sites”
- Click OK
- Click on the wrench icon, within Chrome
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Under the Hood”
- Click “Content Settings” in the “Privacy” section
- Under the “Cookies” section select “Block sites from setting any data”
Internet Explorer 9
- Click the gear-wheel icon in the top right corner of the browser
- Click Internet Options
- Navigate to the Privacy Tab
- Set the slider to “High” or above
- Click OK to confirm
- Click the gear-wheel icon in the top right corner of the browser
- Click the “Privacy” icon
- Choose “Block cookies” as “Always”
- Close window
Please keep in mind that if you do this, certain personalised features of this website and others cannot be provided to you.
In the event that your order arrives damaged, we will forward your contact details on to our Couriers/Royal Mail for the claim to be processed
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Candle and Blue, St Andrews Castle, St Andrews Street South, BSE, Suffolk, IP33 3PH.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.